Close this search box.

Hardware and Tools

Hardware Insurance can be provided on our Business Owner Policy (BOP) coverage form. The BOP policy language is designed to provide comprehensive insurance for owners of small local hardware stores including those with multiple locations.

Imagine waking up one morning to find all your tools have been stolen out of your Ute. Not only can you not earn a living but you also have the expense of replacing the stolen tools which can add up to thousands of dollars. It may take a couple of days of time to source the new tools as well. Unfortunately, tools are one of the most common stolen items so taking out insurance makes sense. It’s not just theft of tools too, if you’re involved in a motor vehicle accident and your tools are in a toolbox or trailer then they can also be damaged as well.

Other Trade Insurance Cover

It’s not just tool insurance that tradies need. Make sure you are covering yourself with public liability insurance in case you in job, income protection insurance in case you can’t work after an accident and contract works insurance if you are managing a project.

If you aren’t sure what type of insurance you need, contact one of our trade insurance experts. Let us know a little about the work you do and we’ll advise you on the best insurance cover for your circumstances. We’ve helped a large number of tradespeople over the years so we can secure highly competitive rates.

Hardware are the unsung heroes of the retail world. Something breaks – they’re there to help fix it, glue it and paint it. Got a small remodeling project – they give you the colors and hardware to create your dream space. Need to build an addition onto the house – they have all the major tools and equipment you need to do a bang-up job. Hardware stores have it all, and with that power comes great responsibility. Many things can go wrong at a hardware store for both customers and employees alike. Stuff like slip-and-fall injuries, accidents from hand tools and power tools, and motor vehicle mishaps to name a just few.

At Skyscraper insurance, we know how to protect your hardware, so you don’t have to worry about what happens if there is an accident. We will get you proper liability coverage which can include Worker’s Compensation Insurance, Business Income Insurance, and Employment Practices Liability Insurance. Depending on what you carry and sell, coverage such as Pollution Liability Insurance, Commercial Auto Insurance, and For-Hire or Non-Owned Auto Insurance might be in order. The point is, we know insurance, so let us get you what you need with coverage so you can safely operate your business.

To do your job and run your business, chances are you rely on specialised equipment or tools of some kind. Having cover in place for these will set your mind at rest, knowing that if your equipment is damaged or stolen, you’ll be able to replace it quickly and comfortably, and get on with the job in hand.

For the majority of small businesses, work tools are crucial. If yours were lost, stolen or damaged, would you have the backup to keep work ticking over? Having tools insurance in place lets you get on with what’s important, without the worry.

Whether it’s hired equipment or your own personal tools, our insurance can have you covered. We can insure hand tools, power tools and plant equipment against loss, damage or theft.