At Skyscraper insurance we have the staff, experience and access to the right insurance companies for your automotive business. We like all automotive related businesses!
Our team of experts at Skyscraper insurance specialize in meeting the insurance needs of the automotive world. Below are the classes of business we provide commercial insurance and risk management for:
- Automotive Garage Operations Mechanical repair and Body Shops
- Audio, alarms, and installation
- Auto Parts Manufacturing
- Auto Parts Retail / Wholesale / Online
- Tuning and Performance Shops
- Automotive Restoration
- Automotive Dealerships – New Franchised Dealers
- Automotive Dealerships – Independent Used Vehicle dealers
- Automotive Dealerships – Classics and exotics
- Automotive Aftermarket Sales and Service
- Automotive upholstery shops
- Automotive detailing
- Motorsports Facilities and Racetracks
Auto body shop insurance starts out with general liability insurance, which covers against the costs of any injury caused to visitors while on your premises, along with the costs of defending such claims. It can also add in workers compensation (a legal requirement that covers employees against lost income and medical costs for workplace injuries) and the benefits of a business owners policy such as coverage against loss of income if your garage is out of action.
Perhaps most importantly, such policies usually also include garage keeper legal liability insurance, which covers against damage to customer vehicles that are in your care, through accidents, fire, theft or vandalism. This overcomes the problem that cars will often be excluded from a standard general liability insurance policy. Note that normally a policy will only cover one specific location.
As an owner and operator of an auto repair shop, you know that servicing vehicles on a daily basis requires insurance coverage. Whether you’re doing mobile detailing, body work, or vehicle repair, it is an important and necessary asset. Especially if you are keeping vehicles overnight. Auto repair shops are unique and subsequently, your policies should reflect those unique risks.