Close this search box.

Family-Style Restaurants

Are you the owner of a family style restaurants? If you are, and you’re in need of insurance Skyscraper insurance is to help find you affordable Restaurant Insurance.

Restaurant insurance protects family style or casual restaurants against lawsuits, property damages, and other risks specific to restaurants such as:

  • Equipment malfunction
  • Third party general liability claims and lawsuits
  • Loss of inventory or food spoilage

Lawsuits or other mishaps could leave you holding the bill. Choose the best family style or casual restaurant insurance coverage today with Skyscraper insurance.

How Restaurant Insurance for Family Style or Casual Restaurants Benefits You:

  • Liability insurance gives you a layer of defense against claims such as bodily injury claims or property claims
  • Financial peace of mind
  • Equipment Insurance can protect your business against financial loss in the instance of stolen or damaged equipment
  • Can help alleviate financial losses for your business if your food or products were to make a customer ill
  • Liquor liability insurance can help cover your business against claims due to your service, sale, or production of alcoholic beverages

Restaurant owners — are you doing everything you can to make sure your business is protected? Here at Skyscraper insurance, we understand how difficult it is to build and grow a business. Our goal is to help you protect everything you’ve worked so hard for, which is why we’re sharing some important tips to help you do just that.

No matter what type of family-style restaurant you own, the following are important safety and insurance insights that you should consider when setting up or modifying your insurance program.

Make sure you have the right insurance.

Restaurants face many unique risks, and thus must make sure their insurance policies are updated and adequate to protect them in case of accidents. Here are a few types of insurance policies and endorsements you should definitely consider — but remember, as your business grows and changes, so do your insurance needs. Make sure to regularly consult your independent insurance agent to keep your policies up-to-date.

  • General Liability: This insurance coverage will protect your business against a variety of things including accidents, injuries, or even claims of libel or slander. This coverage can cover both legal fees and medical expenses resulting from a covered loss.
  • Workers Compensation: If an employee is ever injured on the job, workers compensation will protect your business by covering the medical and legal expenses incurred by the work related injury. In many states, all businesses are required to have workers comp, but check your state’s laws if you are unsure.
  • Property Insurance: If your business is impacted by a covered loss such as a fire, windstorm, or act of vandalism, your commercial property insurance cover the damages incurred to the structure of your restaurant.