Our Car Wash Insurance program is committed to cost-effective coverage options while offering the products and services you need to efficiently run your car wash. We understand the needs and exposures you face in this industry. Our exclusive car wash insurance program provides the following coverage solutions.
Car washes are very unique businesses with varying business insurance needs. No matter what type of car wash you operate, you face risks such as fire, vandalism, slips and falls and damage to customer vehicles. You need to find a comprehensive car wash insurance program to make sure that your assets are protected.
Regardless of the type of car wash you operate, accidents and errors that can lead to financial loss are everywhere. Customer slips and falls in the wet, soapy environment should be high on your list of concerns. In addition, your business insurance should at least address the following:
- Fire, theft or vandalism
- Employee injuries
- Weather events and business disruption
- Employee theft and crime
- Employee lawsuits for wrongful termination or harassment
- Customer vehicle damage
- Equipment and machinery breakdown
What Type of Car Wash Do You Operate?
Most car washes are either self-service or full-service. Self-service car washes are performed entirely by machines, with no interaction between customer vehicles and employees (e.g., the car wash at your local gas station). A self-service car wash cannot operate without fully functional machinery and equipment. And that equipment can cause damage to customer vehicles, no matter how many precautions you take.
If you operate a full-service car wash or perform some services by hand, your employees likely operate customer vehicles. Many full-service car washes offer additional services, such as oil changes, brake repairs or vehicle inspections, leaving you exposed to a variety of additional property or liability claims.
Car wash insurance needs vary depending on the type of car wash you operate and the services you provide.
Self-service car wash insurance begins with fairly standard coverage.
- Commercial property coverage, which protects your building(s) and business personal property
- Commercial general liability (CGL) coverage, which provides protection for claims or lawsuits related to bodily injury or property damage caused by you or your employees
- Business interruption coverage, or business income coverage, which provides coverage for lost income and pays for continued expenses if you experience a weather-related or some other type of business interruption. Depending on where you are located, your revenue may fluctuate seasonally; losing business during your peak season due to a weather-related disruption can be devastating.